Monday, December 28, 2009

Illustration Friday, Pioneer



It's been so long since I've posted. I've been pretty busy with projects that I'll probably post at some point, but in the mean time here is a quick sketch I did for Illustration Friday's topic "pioneer".

Here in Utah there is a lot of emphasis on the pioneers that settled the Salt Lake Valley so that is what I thought of first. I really admire all the people who risked leaving their homes to settle somewhere totally new and different. Since my ancestors first left Europe to come to the United States and then were among those that walked to Utah I wouldn't be where I am with out them. Since I rather like it here, I'm super glad they did it.

14 comments:

  1. I'm loving your style. Just right. Great take on the Pioneer theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the watercolor texture. Glad to see a post again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted again, too! Great watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and cute. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning! Wonderful line work. You captured the word perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, one of my favorites this week~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed seeing your lovely artwork. Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. Sorry it's been so long since I posted. I'll try to do better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great story, well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! So lovely! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely and precious. I love the connection between the young mother and her children.

    ReplyDelete
  12. always awesome! great work manelle!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...