Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fortune process 3





I print a light version of the final drawing on bristol vellum so I don't lose stuff redrawing it. (This is a trick I started using only recently and I am a big fan) Then I rework the line with a brown prismacolor pencil. (I go through a lot of these) I really wanted the line work in this drawing to stand out with lots of thicks and thins.

After that I start on the color. Prismacolors are like watercolor in that you have to save the lights at the beginning. Once something is dark you can't go back and put light back in. So I started out with the yellows and just indicating the shadows, and colors of other things. The colors look pretty funky at this point. for instance her hair is blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...